Call or Text: 988
For public safety or medical emergencies, call 911
If your symptoms of stress become overwhelming, reach out for support and help. You can contact NYC 988, a confidential helpline for mental health and substance use services. Trained counselors can provide you with support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, in over 200 languages. Services include:
- Crisis counseling
- Peer support
- Short-term counseling
- Mobile crisis teams
- Connection to ongoing mental health and substance use services
Use NYC’s online database of mental health services and interactive map to find the services you are most interested in.
Searchable - Try keywords like Couples Counseling, Telehealth, or LGBTQI+. Make sure you also click <Filters> to find the services you are most interested in. You can choose terms from immigration, to legal, to substance use, to housing.
Interactive - You can move the map to the area in which you are interested in finding services.
Informative - Information will be provided for each service, such as:
- Address, office hours, and contact information;
- Mental health services provided;
- Payment information, including types of insurance accepted;
- The languages spoken;
- If services are provided in person or remotely;
- If services are provided via peers; and
- If services are accessible to people with disabilities.